NOTICE OF AN EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
The Law Society will be holding an Extraordinary General Meeting on April 20, 4-5pm to elect a member to the vacated position of Vice President (Private Law Careers). The EGM will be held in LAW G23.
The Returning Officer for the election is Rebecca Nezval, who has been appointed by the Presidents and endorsed by cabinet. If you wish to challenge this appointment, please email the Presidents within 48 hours of receipt of this email explaining your concerns.
Nominating for the Vice President (Private Law Careers) position
The position description for the Vice President (Private Law Careers) position can be found at this link. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to contact the Presidents on email@example.com.
If you wish to nominate for the position, please fill out the attached nomination form and email it to the Returning Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19 at 5pm. Candidates may also nominate themselves from the floor at the Extraordinary General Meeting.
If you are unable to attend the EGM, you may appoint a proxy to exercise a vote on your behalf. The process is as follows:
- Complete the proxy form, including your signature.
- Ask another member who will be attending the meeting to receive your proxy vote and sign the proxy form as well. If they do not attend the meeting, your proxy vote cannot be used.
- As this is an election under section 3.12 of the Constitution, the list of nominees for the position will not be finalised until the start of the meeting. As such, proxy votes cannot be made for a particular candidate - as there is no official list of candidates. Instead, you must allow the person holding your vote to vote however they deem fit - this does not preclude you from privately asking that person to vote for a candidate you know is running.
- Each attendee at the EGM may only hold one proxy vote - i.e. they may vote themselves and then vote on behalf of one other person.
- Membership will be checked at the door.
- Completed proxy forms must be returned to Josh at email@example.com by 4pm on Sunday, otherwise they will be invalid.
Please direct all enquiries to Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org