Corrs Chambers Westgarth Mixed Sports Competitions
proudly sponsored by Corrs Chambers Westgarth
“I always turn to the sports section first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page has nothing but man's failures”
This is your chance to achieve a sporting accomplishment of your own thanks to the launch of the UNSW Law Society’s first ever sporting competition! There will be two tournaments played out over five weeks commencing in Week 8 (Semester 1). The UNSW LawSoc has a fresh aim to expand the level of sporting involvement during your time at law school which is why they’ve introduced this event.
One separate tournament for both mixed indoor soccer and basketball.
Where do we play?
All games are played at the UNSW Sports and Recreation Centre. We have reserved two basketball courts for the duration of one hour each game day (one of which will be used for indoor soccer).
What is the registration fee?
Competition entry is $10 per student. Students can participate in only one of the two sports, not both.
Scheduling of games
Games will be played between Week 8 and Week 12 ( 5 weeks in total). Game days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. As there will be 8 teams per competition, a total of 7 games will be played out by each team over the course of the competition (excluding the grand final which will be held on Thursday, Week 12). Draws will be published once teams are confirmed.
TBA IN THE COMING DAYS
All participants must be a UNSW student.
TBA IN THE COMING DAYS
• Each sporting competition will be held with participation of 8 teams.
• Each basketball team is to have a maximum of 5 players on the field, with no limit on the number of interchanges or team members.
• Each indoor soccer team is to have a maximum of 7 players on the field, with no limit on the number of interchanges or team members.
• Games consist of 2 x 12 minute halves, with a 2 minute half time break.
• The season runs for 5 weeks, with a grand final to be played on the Thursday of that week. The top two teams in each competition will progress to the grand final.
• Teams receive points for each game: win = 3, draw = 2, loss = 1, forfeit (with notification) = 1, no show or penalty = 0.
• Winners in each sport will receive prizes.